There was a little bit of fabric left and, ignoring grain lines, I was able to piece together a camisole. For once, I thought ahead and sewed the camisole first so that I would get an idea of how this fabric sews. When I tried on the camisole, I realized the fabric was not as sheer as I thought. I wouldn't wear it to work without an undershirt, but for casual wear, I think it will still be modest.
So I decided to make two tanks and if I had to, I could layer them on top of each other. This lets me have two shirts for the summer and two undershirts for the winter.
I prefer chevrons to point up, but don't know how to lay out the cutting to ensure that. I ended up with one shirt pointed up and one pointed down. The center matched perfectly on all four seams (two shirts, front and back seam each). I do not know how to cut so that the shoulder lines and the side lines match up, along with the centers. As is, those lines are perfectly offset. I'm convincing myself that at least it looks intentional, even if I prefer the look of matched lines; it is certainly better than ready-to-wear clothes that have all the lines misaligned.
The armhole is cut perfectly. It sits flat and covers everything without being too high. I don't know how I managed to draft it that well, but I'm thankful for it.
To fill in the space on the back shoulder of the one tank, I attached three strips. Since it looks a little ragged, I used a rolled edge finish on all the raw edges. This fabric rolls a great deal, so that was easy.
On the other tank, I used a clean finish binding. The Colette Guide to Sewing Knits helped me do this right the first time. With this fabric, once a stitch is sewn, it's very difficult to unpick it. It melds right into the knit. Also, the knit, while it doesn't pull, does snag easily. I kept snagging it on the dry skin on my thumbs. On the camisole, I left the edges raw.
I put bra-strap keepers in the clean finished tank.
It got cold once I finished these and I haven't worn them, but they feel nice when I try them on.