Remembering that it is better to have wearable garments taking up space than it is to have unwearable fabric taking up space, I set out to sew the rest of the XL+ t-shirts into shirts I can wear. I didn't want several grey or white shirts, and I also am trying to use the trims I have collected over the years. Most of them were free to me, so I don't know why I hang on to them like treasures.
While blues and purples normally call to me, as I considered embellishments for this shirt, the red insisted on being part of the design. This was good because I had red thread, but not grey or white. Once it was all together, the word "baseball" stuck in my mind, so this is the baseball shirt.
The center stripe isn't twisted. I had a hard time getting the shirt onto the dress form.
The white is too sheer for me to feel modest, but somehow, having outlines of the bra show on the back seems more acceptable than having it show on the front. That, and the white is likely to stay cleaner on the back than if it were on the front was the basis of the design. I also wanted to avoid using the pocket that was on each original shirt and I wanted to have enough fabric to get two mixed-color shirts from the two originals. From there, I followed my whim until I had something I liked.
While I still don't understand why the red appealed to me, I did wear this to a New Year's Eve supper at a friend's house and felt psychologically comfortable. And the white 100% cotton fabric is so soft! I keep running my hands over it. Cotton-poly blends just aren't the same.