I finished the neckline, armholes, and hem with bias tape. On the chevron tanks, the armholes were perfectly placed. With this fabric, I want them a 1/4-inch lower. Also, I have gained weight since accepting a new position and getting married. I need to adjust my patterns.
The photo with the black binding is a close-up of the fabric. I don't know what it is called. This is a photo of the second tank that I pieced together from the leftovers of the first. I'll show that when it's finished as it required several "design features."
I forgot to include bra-strap keepers on this tank. Too bad, because otherwise, the tank is finished nicely. Next to the close-up is the inside of the tank.
I get a compliment on the color every time I wear this.
I had hoped this would be nice enough to wear under a jacket for work, but it is too tight, so casual-only it will be. I must adjust my tank pattern!
I put a seam-line down the center front because I like stitching for interest rather than patterned fabric.
One day I will learn what to do about the extra four inches of fabric that puddles in my back. All swayback adjustments I've tried only work for two inches or less. Of course, that could be operator error as I am teaching myself and the adjustment causes other problems. One day...