The front proportions look much better, but there is too much fabric in the back. It's as if I need the original length in the back, but a longer torso length in the front. I also can't tell what causes the drag lines on the front sides, but I'm not going to worry about that because there are more important fit issues.
This doesn't look too bad straight on, but from the side, the fabric hugs my stomach and shows the middle-aged pooch, so I wanted something a bit looser. Also, for work, I prefer more ease in the bust.
I'm also wondering if the shoulder/sleeve is a bit small, but if I try to fix everything, I'll be overwhelmed and not know where to focus.
My goal is to get the front loose enough that I feel comfortable and to eliminate some of the excess fabric in the back.
Even though I can't wear these as shirts and feel sad about loosing such a comfortable fabric, I did discover that they both work nicely as undershirts. I can't even tell I'm wearing them and they fit tightly enough that they don't show under other shirts.
For the third try, I used a small at the neck and sleeve and graded out to a large plus one inch at the waist and hip. I also shortened the bodice to four inches longer than the original pattern.
The shoulder is definitely too small as the seam does not sit at the shoulder point. The front is ok, but still has side seam drag lines that I will wait to learn how fix. The back is marginally better. There is more room at the stomach, but I would like a smidge more.
Back to the drafting table. I'm trying hard to only change one thing at a time so that I have a better idea of what is causing which problems, but it's hard to see all this fabric go to seeming waste.