So I used a fabric that coordinates with most of my clothes and put in the buttonholes vertically. I also was given a box of buttons and found five that matched. I needed one more up top, but this is good enough for around the house. I took a tuck in the sleeves to shorten them by two inches, so that they are closer to three-quarters length, but it still needs another two inches shorter, I think. I don't really like how the tuck looks. Maybe I'll unpick it. Maybe I'll say I'm done messing with this and it's good enough for around the house. We'll see.
This one is made from a single cut of cheap poly-cotton "broadcloth," a single cut of quilting cotton, and the lining is a single cut of 100% cotton flannel. It feels a little heavy. I'll find out if it is too warm for summer. As soon as I got it finished, the weather went from 80 degrees and sunny to 60 and rainy.
Next time I need to remember to leave enough at the end of the binding to turn it under. I'm not worried about having two lines of stitching for the front and back because I almost never sew blankets, so don't expect perfection.
I've also been working on making a Mimosa blouse from my wedding dress. Decided to do that after I handstitched the hem of the altered dress. I decided I will never feel comfortable wearing a dress, so I used the fabric to make a blouse and already feel better.
I also got my Janome Skyline maintenanced. First time I've had a sewing machine worked on.
I was feeling like I didn't accomplish anything this month, but writing it out makes it look like I actually did a lot.