My first try was for a skirt that sat right below the bust. I got the elastic too loose and it fit above the bust, but that looks like a shower wrap. Even after I tightened the elastic, when I wore the waist below the bust, the skirt slipped down. Also, the side curves didn't sit in the right place.
I almost left things as they were, being disinclined to unpick the fold-over elastic, but decided to go through with the extra work. Somehow, I still got the elastic too loose. Other than the skirt sliding around as I walk, that's livable. The skirt is also a little longer than I anticipated, but I would rather have that than have to hem it on my own.
Because I wear bike shorts under my skirts, I needed a lining that wouldn't stick. I used basketball shorts from the same person who wore the XL t-shirts. Somehow, I got the pockets on the front and back instead of side seams, but it's not like they would be in frequent use. I also forgot to attach the lining before I added the elastic, so I think that contributes to the lining not matching up with the skirt hem evenly. I thought I had cut it to sit an inch above the skirt hem, but you can see it doesn't always end there.
I did wear this several times on vacation and consider the skirt a success. When I make it again, I will add pockets and try again to get the skirt to sit at the waist and end at mid-knee.
I used the long sleeves to piece together a camisole, so there was very little fabric waste.