This first one, I made using my original t-shirt block - not fitted, but not loose. I always have trouble with sleeves and these came out way too long, so I measured on my arm and shortened them. Then I drew a new pattern from that measurement to use for the second shirt. Because I wasn't happy with my sleeve cap on the original, I looked up directions and drafted the entire sleeve from scratch. Since I've lost weight and realized that a knit sleeve needs less ease than a woven sleeve, I didn't want as much room in the bicep, either.
The image below is the new sleeve pattern laid on the sleeve from the second t-shirt that was cut with the old pattern. (I cut both garments at one time, before I realized I needed to make alterations.)
I wasn't thinking yesterday, and when making more room on my camera card, deleted the photo of the quatrefoil shirt with the too-long, too-wide sleeves. You can image based on this photo.
The neckband came out decently. It might be a tiny bit small or maybe I need to trim the seam allowance a bit more, but it's worlds better than what I was sewing last year.
The hem band, however, keeps flipping up. I went ahead and wore this to work, so now that it's washed and dried, I'll see if things have settled or if I need to remove the band and turn up the hem or trim the seam allowance more or some other idea.
It's not the most flattering length with a skirt, but with jeans, it's better. I don't want my stomach showing when I reach over my head and my jeans waistband has to be about two inches below my navel or else it is uncomfortable.
All in all, I'm happy with this shirt and glad I have enough fabric to make a tank or short-sleeved shirt, too.