I was looking for something else at Jo-Ann's, but had to look at the fabric because I so seldom go to a fabric store and the hand-feel and visual appeal is enjoyable. This lace was on sale for such a good discount that I got some. I waffled because it is scratchy, but I won't be wearing it for long, so this time took looks over feel.
I went back and forth on how to do the seams. In the end, based largely on what the closest sewing store, a private place that focuses on quilting, had, I sewed the seams with the fabric overlapped right side to wrong side. I basted in place, eyeballing how much I overlapped. Then I used black hem tape lace to cover the stitching line. Sewing a seam three times is not my idea of fun, but the other option was to try to match thread to this red and then do the tedious process that results in nearly invisible lace seams. Or I could have sewed the normal way and left raw edges, but I wanted to try something different.
The stripe on the shoulders is a bit more military-like than I would want for lingerie, but I'm convincing myself that all the sheer lace cancels out that relationship.
I used a self-drafted pattern for a loose scrub shirt, but cut the front not on the fold. For one side of the front, I gave it two inches extra at center front. This is already a loose top, so there with the extra two inches, there is plenty of overlap.
The front hem is a little longer than the back. I cut around the lace pattern to blend the back to the front.
I guessed where to put the tie. It's a little high, but it will work.
I debated if I should shape the front neckline or fold over like it is here. We'll see how it goes after I wear it a few times. For the raw edges, I cut around the shape of the lace. I love fabrics where I can leave the edges unfinished and it looks good!