The sides are straight forward: sew a straight seam between the armhole and the side split. Fold under any raw edges and stitch down.
For the neck, I cut a wide "U," making sure I didn't go too low. I know that on me, I can go down seven inches from the shoulder before showing too much, so I mark that spot and make a neck shape from there. To differentiate the front from the back, I gathered two inches in center front. This also helped to narrow the front neckline so that no bra parts show.
Finishing the neckline was the trickiest part. I folded the raw edge ¼-inch to the right side (normally, you would fold to the wrong side) and stitched down. This was difficult over the gathered area. Next, I took light blue velvet ribbon that came in a grab bag year ago and stitched down the center, covering the neckline's raw edge.
Maybe it's a little dated, especially with the fringe, but it was a relaxing sewing project to break up all the hard work of drafting a bodice block and fitting it. And yes, I know it looks nothing like the t-shirts Kono or Kensi wear, but I also don't have their body types.