Anyway, in the give-away phase, I scored this travel pillow. It was the perfect size to fill in the gap between my back and the car seat. After many years of use, the pillow cover tore and the pillow stuffing flattened.
I decided to make a new one.
I had scraps from a poor quality sheet. By stitching them together, I got enough material of the right shape to make a pillow case and a new pillow. I used the old pillow for general dimensions, but as you see, my new pillow is a bit narrower. Not sure how that happened.
I pulled apart the old stuffing and reused it, adding new stuffing to fill in the extra space. I overstuffed my pillow, but I'm hoping with use it will flatten a bit. At any rate, it's not uncomfortable enough for me to rip out my seam.
If I wanted to stick this on the top of my backpack for a weekend trip, I might have to take some stuffing out so that the pillow is more flexible. I don't think it will pack well or sleep comfortably as it is.
Anyway, now I have a Christmas car – green car and red pillow.
I still need to sew a new cover for the seat wedge. Procrastinating...